Politicos or Political Quotes
“There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us”
You can’t just let nature run wild.
– Wally Hickel, former governor of Alaska
Capital punishment is our societies recognition of the sanctity of human life.
– Orrin Hatch, Senator from Utah.
“I have total disdain for Moore … It’s a free country, so he’s free to say whatever he wants. But I don’t appreciate it. I don’t like it.”
–Former president GEORGE BUSH on MICHAEL MOORE and his film “Fahrenheit 9/11,” which is critical of his son, President GEORGE W. BUSH, in the New York Daily News. The elder Bush also called Moore a “slimeball.”
Winston Churchhill once walked into the toilets of the House of Commons to find no room at the urinal, so he walked into one of the stalls. While in there he could hear Labour MPs saying “now he can’t even pee with the rest of us”, to which he peered over the top of the stall and replied “no it’s just that if you saw something this big you would want to privatize it”.
Suppose you were a Congressman. Suppose you were an idiot. But I repeat myself.
I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born
Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.
– Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, D.C.
Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, “Thank God, I’m still alive.” But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.
– Sen. Barbara Boxer, (D, Calif.)
I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers.
Don’t be humble. You’re not that great.
– Golda Meir
“Traditionally, most of Australia’s imports come from overseas.”
–Former Australian cabinet minister Keppel Enderbery
When Kissinger can get the Nobel Peace Prize, what is there left for satire?
–Tom Lehrer on Henry Kissinger
Sure, it’s going to kill a lot of people, but they may be dying of something else anyway.
–Othal Brand, member of a Texas pesticide review board, on Chlordane.
President Clinton says in this month’s ‘Esquire’ that he wants the Republicans who spoke against him during the impeachment to apologize to him. But the Republicans today said those were oral insults, and under Clinton’s logic, an oral insult is not really an insult.
“Damn John Jay. Damn anyone who won’t damn John Jay. Damn anyone who won’t sit up all night with a candle in his window damning John Jay.”
– John Jay went to negotiate a treaty with the British and came back with what everyone agrees was probably the best treaty that we could have gotten, considering our weak bargaining position. Washington, Hamilton and most of the federalists were happy with it, but Jefferson, Madison and the Democrats were very upset about it. In New York city, where anti-Anglo sentiment ran high, a man painted the following statement on the side of his two story office building in letters large enough to fill the entire side of the building: